Here are some events and opportunities for the 2019-2020 academic year:
- 1. Bloomberg’s New Economy Forum is broadcasting a panel discussion on “Technology, Innovation and US-China Collaboration” on August 6 from 3:30-6:00 PM Pacific Standard Time in conjunction with the Asia Society. The discussion will be broadcast live on the Bloomberg Terminal and Bloomberg New Economy Forum YouTube Channel. It will also air on Bloomberg TV on August 9. I will be joining as part of the invited Town Hall.
- On Wednesday August 7 at 12:30 PM EST, AIPLA is hosting a webinar on “US and China Export Control Laws and their effects on IP Protection Strategies.” I am moderating. Here is the link for further information.
- On September 10, 2019, I will be speaking in Brussels, Belgium on “Geopolitical Aspects of SEPs: push pull forces in China and other jurisdictions” Here is the link. Readers of this blog may receive a 20% discount by using the code: CIPR. The code can entered at the very end of the registration process.
- Save the date: On October 22, 2019, Berkeley Law will be hosting its second program on transnational IP litigation with Tsinghua Law School. We already have several judges committed to attending. Watch this link for further information.
- On November 12, 2019 from 4:30-6:30 PM, I will be at U Penn for its annual Policy Roundtable. The focus this year will be on technology issues.
- On November 13, 2019, I will be speaking at the IP Dealmakers Forum in New York City on the role of IP in the US-China Trade War. There is a $200 discount with promo code: IPDF19_Speaker.
- Save the date: Berkeley Law is looking forward to welcoming back two giants of Chinese legal studies the week of March 15, 2020, Profs. Stanley Lubman and Jerome Cohen for a planned one and a half day program looking at some of the big picture issues in Chinese law today.
And an Job Opportunity: The Berkeley Center for Law & Technology at UC Berkeley School of Law is seeking to hire a Legal Research Fellow for its Asia IP Project, for an approximate one-year term with the possibility of renewal. This position is open until filled. Here is the link for more information, including required qualifications and application materials. If you have questions about the position, please contact email@example.com. UC Berkeley is an AA/EEO employer.