The seminar US and China Intellectual Property Dialogue – Latest Developments of Intellectual Property Law and Enforcement will be held this Thursday, October 2, 2014 at the Hyatt Regency, Santa Clara. Additional information is also at http://svipla.org/event-1712495 or via email from info@chinaIPfund.org. The program will include such notables as former PTO Director Bruce Lehman, former SIPO Commissioner Gao Lulin, Former SIPO DG of Law and Treaties, Yin Xintian, and John Cabeca and Elaine Wu from USPTO. It is free of charge, including breakfast, lunch, and coffee breaks with cocktail reception to follow.
The next day, on October 3, the University of Toledo Law School will be sponsoring another all day program “Doing Business in China: A Legal and Commercial Review”. The fee is only $35.00 and also includes a solid bench, including Tom Moga, Peter Yu, Elizabeth Lai Featherman and me talking about IP issues. CLE credit is available.
Marks & Clerk (www.marks-clerk.com), an International IP Boutique firm, is recruiting for a Patent Attorney in its Beijing office.
The applicant will need to have:
• Minimum a Bachelor’s (preferably a Master’s or Ph.D.) degree in chemistry, biotechnology, or a related discipline
• Fluent in both written and spoken English and preferably Mandarin Chinese
• Background in Patents (at least 1-3 years in prosecution and/or drafting)
The firm advises that it offers:
• A competitive salary package and benefits
• A friendly environment that positively encourages a work/life balance
• Training and career development
Those interested in this position should send a cover letter and a resume in English to: JCleeve@marks-clerk.com.
This announcement is from the Chinese Business Law Association in New York City (http://cblalaw.org/):
Join a very high-level PRC delegation for a roundtable discussion on IP legislative developments:
The delegation includes:
- Members of the Ministry of Commerce, including the Americas division, the Law and Treaties Division and the IP Leading Group.
- Two Judges from the Supreme People’s Court
- Standing Committee of the National People’s Congress, Deputy Directors of the Legislative Affairs Commission
- State Administration for Industry and Commerce, Director of Division of Anti-Unfair Competition
- Legislative Affairs Office of the State Council
- Procurator, Supreme People’s Procurate of the PRC
- Chief Officer, Enforcement Division, National Copyright Administration of China
- State Intellectual Property Office
- Chief Officer, Legal Affairs, China Food and Drug Administration
- Deputy Chief Judge, Beijing No. 1 Intermediate People’s Court
Note that I will be moderating this discussion.
- Chinese Business Law Association
- The Fordham IP Institute
NOTE: The delegation speaks excellent English, but translators will also be available.
EVENT ONE: AN INTIMATE ROUNDTABLE DISCUSSION AT FORDHAM LAW SCHOOL
Friday, September 19, 2014
4:00 to 5:30 PM
At Fordham Law School, Costantino Room
150 W. 62nd Street, between Columbus & 10th Avenues
FREE but RSVP is required.
EVENT TWO: DINNER AND DISCUSSION
Friday, September 19, 2014
6:00 to 6:30 PM – Social networking
6:30 to 8 PM – Dinner and informal discussion
Seats are very limited. Please RSVP immediately.
Attendees will be responsible for cost of their own dinners (approximately $100). Please bring a check.
Register by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and specify which event(s) you would like to attend.