USPTO has posted a position for an unpaid extern in Chinese intellectual property matters commencing June 6, 2017. The position requires the following skills:
– Knowledge of Chinese language
– Knowledge of Intellectual Property (IP)
– Ability to research US and Chinese cases
– Ability to use Excel and PowerPoint
– Skill in preparing instructional material
The extern will assist staff of the USPTO’s China Team by researching intellectual property issues in China and assisting with organizing meetings and programs. Some instruction on Chinese IP databases may be provided.